Soil Moisture and Temperature Sensor
Farmo technology is not intended to replace human oversight but can allow much more frequent monitoring and provide historical insights for analysis.
Save water and farm more efficiently with a better understanding of your soil conditions using the Farmo Soil Moisture & Temperature Sensor. Receive multiple readings every day to monitor short term fluctuations and analyse long term trends.
Out-of-the box configured for instant set up and visualisation on the Farmo dashboard.
The reading from the soil moisture sensor is the raw volumetric water content in the soil, with a lower and upper limit that varies depending on the soil type. We explain how to interpret soil moisture readings in more detail on our soil moisture information page.
Options: NB-IoT or LoRaWAN
- Moisture sensor is FDR type, measuring the dielectric constant of the soil in order to measure the volume of the soil moisture content.
- Temperature sensor utilises a precision platinum element with built in calibration.
- IP68 water proof casing.
- 316L Stainless steel probes.
- 3.5m cable
- Default 4 hour readings
- 4000mAh Li/SoCL2 non-rechargable battery for long term use
- Requires a Farmo dashboard subscription to view data and set alerts
- Display latest soil temp and moisture reading
- Set custom alerts via SMS or email when trigger levels reached
- Longitudinal graphs display results over time
- Environmental monitoring
- Greenhouse and cropping
Care and maintenance
- If carefully installed no maintenance required.
- All Farmo products include a 12 month warranty as standard.
Installation Instructions LoRaWAN [download]
Installation Instructions NB-IoT [download]